Ross A. Hill: My Grandmother - Part 2

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Grandmother - Part 2

Thanks for the many notes I received about your grandmothers.  It was heart warming to hear your great stories about your grandmothers.

Picking up where I left off yesterday;

Part-2, James Bryan Smith says it this way in his book, The Good and Beautiful Life, " Those who are in Christ become living beatitudes, walking, talking blessings to the world.  Immediately after the Beatitudes Jesus says, 'You are the salt of the earth...You are the light of the world...let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven' (Mathew 5:13-16). Those who live with Jesus Jesus in His kingdom are destined to be witnesses for another way of life, where the last are first and the greatest are least."  Written by George R. Skramstad, 2010


I love that line "living beatitudes, walking, talking blessings to the world". Why? Because it reminds me so clearly of my Grandmother.  I think about the way she went about her life.  It was a life of service to others. She loved people, she loved to serve them, to take care of them and to be kind to them.  She loved to encourage them.  I can remember sitting on her front porch watching thunderstorms.  We would watch the lighting and hug each other waiting for the crack of the thunder to follow.  Every time the thunder roared we would hug each other even tighter!


She always managed to get me to do the right things by encouraging me and telling me to make her proud, to make my parent proud, to make God proud.  She would say, "you know God would want you to be kind to Johnny" or "you know your parents expect you to have character and so that means you don't take what is not yours".  She was never too tired to hug me, never too busy to listen to me, never to worn out to be a great example to me and others.


"Living beatitudes, walking, talking blessing to the world", I pray somehow I can be that for my kids, grandkids, my employees, my customers and my friends.


Ross    



No comments:

Post a Comment