Ross A. Hill: Roy Williams

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Roy Williams

I had breakfast a few days ago with Roy Williams.  What thrill to break bread with the former OU and Dallas Cowboys star. We were having a strategic conversation on some topics and looking for ways to help each other.

Roy was part of the Pro's For Africa trip to Uganda that Bank2 and I were part of earlier this year thanks to Ray Sanders and Giant Experiences.  Roy was in OKC to help promote the free clinic at the fairgrounds this past weekend.  Roy really cares about helping the poor.  I was impressed by him and what he had to say.

He was humble, quite and unassuming.  He was happy to get a bowl of grits for breakfast.  The rest of us were pigging out on all kinds of great food.

One of the other things I noticed about him, he was happy to shake every hand, take a photo with everyone and just generally be available to people.  We went there to have a quite breakfast but when you are with a star...in public...forget it.

Any how, I gave him one of Mark Batterson's books and my blog address.  He gave me a blessing to know he wants his life to count.  He is working to figure out how he can best do that beyond football.  This year as you watch him play for the Bengal's be sure to route extra hard for this former Sooner Star.  He deserves it.

Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment