Ross A. Hill: Forgiveness

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Forgiveness

I was reading today about a guy that was betrayed by his older brothers.  He was sold by them and ended up as a slave.   His brothers told their dad that he was dead.  As if that was not bad enough, he was then falsely accused of a crime and thrown into prison.  After spending considerable time in prison he got out and actually became the 2nd most power man in the nation that had imprisoned him.

Then his defining moment came.  His brothers showed up and asked him for help.  They did not know it was their brother.  They did not recognize him but he recognized them.  He was so excited to see them that he had to excuse himself and went to a private room and cried.  He was over joyed to see his brothers and to find out his dad was still alive.

He provided from his wealth for his family in need.  

Now that is forgiveness!  I don't know that I could do it.  What an example.  If he could do that maybe I can find it in my heart to practice forgiveness.  I am going to try.  Will you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment