Ross A. Hill: Colombia Part-2

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Colombia Part-2

One of the things I love to do on these trips is shake hands with every kid I see.  I shake their hand, look into their eyes, smile and make them tell me their name and I tell them my name.  Then we both try to say each others names.  It is so much fun and can be sooo funny.  The kids love it and so do I.  Well, on this last trip, I was walking down a dirt street in a shanty town that had been built at the sewage lagoon.  I met a little girl (probably 8 years old).  We exchanged names as detailed above.   But what happened next was the fun part.  She followed me down the street.  She told EVERYBODY my name, adults, kid, the world.  It was so funny.  She laughed and we laughed together.  She was having a great time.

Kids are kids no matter what country, no matter how poor.  She made my day.  I don't think I will ever forget her.  Last night I discovered that I have a great picture of her.  I just wish I had a tape recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment