Ross A. Hill: Lord, Are You Listening?

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lord, Are You Listening?

How many times have you felt like saying this out loud?  How many times have you wondered if you were ever going to hear His voice again? How many times have you felt like you were praying but it didn't seem like God was listening?

To be totally honest with you, I have certainly felt his way, more often than I care to admit.  Why does this happen?

To be 100% honest, I would have to say, I don't know. Sometimes I just don't get it.  Some days I get very frustrated.  But, we are not alone with these feeling, all one needs to do is open to the book of Psalms and you can read how others had trouble finding and hearing from the Lord.  You can see how David begged God not to hide from him.

I can think of some reasons why it may happen but to be honest they seem rather like a rationalization to me than anything else.  I don't know why.

What I do know is that I have never had a perfect relationship with anyone.  I have let every relationship down to one degree or another.  I know I have done this with God.  So, when I have strained other relationships they sometimes end up on less fertile soil.  Many times it is because of me.  When it seems God is not listening could it be that God is helping our relationship get back to fertile ground, or letting me see what life might be like without His instant feedback?  Could it be that He is teaching me to seek Him even when it is very difficult and or frustrating?  Like I said, I really don't know.

However, what I do know is that He is faithful to those that seek Him.  I must keep seeking.


Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment