Ross A. Hill: You Are Not Here By Mistake

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You Are Not Here By Mistake

The other day I had the great fortune to have lunch with a good friend of mine.  We had not seen each other for a while but we stay in touch through my blog and through his harassing emails!  Like I said, we are good friends.   ALL of my good friends harass me!

We have both had the experience of going overseas and seeing the great need.  We both know most America's just don't have a clue about how pitiful the living conditions are for millions of people.  We know we did not have a clue until we went overseas.  We know we can do more to help and we need to do it now.  As we discussed things over lunch we discussed things like "what should we be doing?"  "How far do we go?"  "How much is expected of us?"  "What is realistic" "How do we help them by making sustainable changes...sustainable by them?"  These were REAL questions, soul searching questions.  We did not conclude anything at that moment and we promised to have lunch soon to keep the discussion going.

Tonight, I was reading and came across this line, "you are not here by mistake".  I got to thinking about my lunch conversation.  It was not by accident that we had lunch today.  It was not by accident that we both think we have to do more.  We are here for a purpose.  Our time is now.  We need to do what God is putting on our hearts because, We are not here by mistake. 


Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment