Ross A. Hill: Children Are To Be Seen and Not Heard

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Children Are To Be Seen and Not Heard

Another of my mom's mantra's is "Children are to be seen and not heard".

What?  Surely your mother did not treat you in this manner!  Well, actually she did.  My brother and I learned at an early age we were not hood ornaments to be paraded around and shown off to their company and the neighbors.  We learned that the world did not exist for us to be the center of attention.

We learned to be polite and respectful of our elders. We learned that good parents made sure their children were not allowed to be the focus of attention on a non-stop merry-go-round.  You know what I mean. When was the last time you could not wait to go over to your friend's house to watch two hours of home movies of their vacation?  Yea, me too!!!

In the case of my brother and me, I believe much of our success goes to a mom that thought it was more import for "children to be seen and not heard".

No comments:

Post a Comment