Ross A. Hill: With God There Is Always Hope

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

With God There Is Always Hope

I have been reading Genesis of late.  It is not like I have not read it many times before.  But this time it has taken on a fresh meaning for me.  God became very disappointed in what God had created.  It seemed that men and women liked living in sin more than they liked living a life pleasing to God.

Sounds like 2010 to me.

 Recently, I was boldly confronted with sin that was so decadent I wondered how God could stand it.  I thought how disappointed He must be with us.  I wondered, how much is God's heart breaking over our sin?  I wondered why he allowed it to continue.

See what I mean about 2010?

Things were so bad, God decided the only thing to do was to destroy what He had created.  But, He decided to save Noah because he was righteous.   He saved Noah's entire family, a handful of the birds, animals and living creatures from the flood.  He destroyed everything else and started over with Noah and things he had saved on the ark.

While God knew it was the right thing to do, I believe it was very hard for Him.  So, He gave us a promise and a sign to remind us of His promise.  He promised He would not destroy the world again thru a flood and He created the rainbow to serve as a reminder.  It would be a symbol of ever lasting hope.  I love to see rainbows!

A few thousand years later He gave us yet another promise and another sign of hope. This time He promised we could spend eternity with Him and the sign was an empty tomb.  He gave us the eternal hope that no matter what happens to us on earth, if we accept His love we will never be destroyed.
With God There Is Always Hope!  I love to celebrate Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment