Ross A. Hill: Vision

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Vision

Today, I spent some time with some friends. Both recently had their vision seriously impaired. Both can barely see. It recently happened to both of them suddenly, without any real warning.
The best doctors in the world don't know what caused it and don't know how to fix it.

Taylor is 24 and Heather is 39 (forever ) :):). Neither know if they will ever regain what they have lost. My thought was to get them to know each other, to encourage each other. So, I introduced them.

I tried to be silent (you know how hard that is for me) and let them visit. It was an experience that I don't think I will ever forget. They engaged each other like they were long lost friends. They shared their struggles, their pain, their zest for life and their desire to not let their loss define them as individuals. I wish you could have all been their to witness this event. Lauren, Taylor's wife, was by his side and actively participating in the conversation but like me listening more and talking less. She is an amazing woman that loves her man.

I was overwhelmed by their spirit. They are brave, courageous and driven to live life to the fullest regardless of the problems that confront them. They were able to laugh and share their true feelings. They are realistic. They know it is not going to be easy.

Everyone agreed, that if it were not for the support of family, friends and God Himself they would not be able to overcome.

As the meeting concluded they shared contact information, everyone hugged each other and I was overwhelmed by strength of these two. The resolve to cast a new vision for their lives whether they can see or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment