Ross A. Hill: Compassion

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.rossahill.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Compassion

"To know to do good and not do it is sin".

The events of the past week in Haiti are heart breaking. Some have asked about the picture of me holding the baby on my blog. It is a picture of me on a mission trip in the Dominican Republic. I was there as a guest of Compassion International and Giant Experiences. It was a life changing experience. The people of the Dominican Republic are wonderful people. I fell in love with them instantly. My heart went out to some of them because of the living conditions they must endure. Now, their neighbors in Haiti are in much worse shape. We must respond. We must help. We have so much and they are in need of so much. Right now you can feed an entire family for a week for $30.34. My wife and I spent that on dinner tonight for just two people. Please help!

One fantastic agency you could help is Compassion International. They have over 6,000 kids they sponsor in the affected area. They have some huge needs right NOW. They are the real deal, consistently rated as the one of the top charitable organization in the country. The money you send them will go to Haiti.

Check out www.compassion.com

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did one of the least of these you did one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me"

No comments:

Post a Comment